Saddle Brook Soccer Association
Saddle Brook Soccer Association expectation for the parents and all the team supporters is to have
We have a responsibility to promote high standards of behavior in the game. Saddle Brook Soccer Association will implement this code of conduct to ensure soccer can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment. Remember, youth soccer is a time for players to develop their technical, physical, tactical, and social skills. Winning isn’t everything. Have realistic expectations for your child and always encourage them. Play your part and help enforce the Saddle Brook Soccer Association Code of Conduct for Spectators and Parents/Guardians at all times.
•Applaud effort and good play as well as success;
•Always respect the match officials’ decisions;
•I understand that spectators are to take the side of the field opposite the teams; spectators will remain at least 3 feet behind the touchline;
•Let the coach do his/her job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do;
•Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee, and match officials;
•Avoid criticizing a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning;
•I will not coach my child or other children from the sideline during the game;
•I will only make positive comments to the players and it is understood that coaches and not parents shall provide instructional input during games;
•Remember that this is a travel league, not everyone will play for an equal amount of time; and
• Remember that children are playing for a competitive yet positive experience.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by Saddle Brook Soccer Association.
I may be:
• Issued a verbal warning from Saddle Brook Soccer Association official;
• required to meet with a Saddle Brook Soccer Association official;
• Required to pay any fines levied by Northern Counties associated with my conduct;
• Obliged to leave the match venue;
• Required by Saddle Brook Soccer Association not to attend future games; and
• Required to leave Saddle Brook Soccer Association along with any dependents.